ACTS is currently seeking to hire 3 full time caseworkers.
Job Posting: Full-time Caseworker
Overview: ACTS is a non-profit whose mission is to provide funds, support and other resources to our neighbors in financial crisis, enabling them to live sustainable, self-sufficient and dignified lives.
Scope: The Caseworker is responsible for providing case management services to clients of ACTS. The Caseworker will assist with all services needed by ACTS clients to include intake, assessment, interviewing, and determining eligibility for financial assistance and referring to community resources as appropriate. This position will report to the Program Manager.
Hours: 40 per week
- Provide initial intake assessments of clients seeking assistance to identify need and determine eligibility for emergency financial assistance and case management
- Provide short-term, goal-oriented casework services, referral services, emergency financial assistance, financial counseling and case management as assigned by program manager.
- Keep current with other agencies and systems, which clients interact; advocate for clients as needed. Participate in community activities and workshops as approved by program manager
- Maintain appropriate records, documenting client assessments and submitting case notes as required by program manager. Maintain data base and submit monthly reports as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings, supervision, staff development and special events.
- Assist in agency services as needed in consultation with program manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bilingual Spanish language preferred. Demonstrated skills in case management and individual counseling. Excellent oral; written; computer; interpersonal, and time management skills. Individual should be detail-oriented. Individual should be accustomed to performing administrative duties to include but not limited to client file management and appropriate reporting; maintaining data bases.
Education and/or Experience:
- BSW, related degree or combination of relevant bachelor’s degree and experience in case management is necessary.
- Knowledge of low-income population and issues of housing stability with an emphasis on crisis intervention and financial assistance preferred.
Compensation: This position is grant-funded for one year with the potential of it being extended. Hourly wage ranges from $16 – $20 depending on qualifications and past experience. Full benefits.
To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume, and complete contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Candidates who do not meet requirements and/or do not follow application instructions will not be considered.