Chesterfield Emergency Rent and Utility Assistance-2 (CERA-2)

ACTS is administering the Chesterfield Emergency Rent and Utility Assistance-2 (CERA-2) program to provide financial assistance to Chesterfield County renters who have experienced financial difficulty due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Chesterfield residents can apply to ACTS to receive funds to pay delinquent rental payments dating as far back as April 1, 2020 and forward.


In order to receive financial assistance through CERA-2, Chesterfield residents must meet the following requirements:

  • You must have a valid lease in your name and occupying the unit at time of application.
  • You must have experienced a financial hardship due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. Examples could include but are not limited to:
    • You have been laid off.
    • Your place of employment has closed.
    • You have experienced a reduction in hours of work.
    • You must stay home to care for children due to closure of day care and/or school.
    • You must stay home to care for children due to distance learning.
    • You have lost child or spousal support.
    • You have had an increase in expenses due to COVID-19, i.e. child care, medical bills, etc.
    • You have been unable to find employment due to COVID-19.
    • You are unwilling or unable to participate in your previous employment due to your high risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
  • The household’s total rent payment is at or below 100% ERAP Fair Market Rent per your zip code.
  • The household’s total gross income is equal to or less than 80% Area Median Income.
    • Households who have 50% of Area Median Income or less is prioritized.
    • Households who have experienced 90+ days of unemployment are prioritized.
  • The household cannot receive rental assistance from any other source, including, but not limited to: federal (including Housing Choice Vouchers); and state and local rental assistance programs, for the same period of time CERA is requested.

How to apply?

Chesterfield Residents

Chesterfield residents can apply in the following manner:


Landlords can apply on behalf of their tenants. Please click here